Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2018

ON SELF DEVELOPMENT AND MOTIVATION

THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
by
Norman Vincent Peale initiated my  transformation from what I had been to what I am.
Kind of before and after.

Published in 1952 I consider it the best todate for self development and motivation.

YOU ARE AWESOME
by
MATTHEW SYED

Great book. .
Recommending it for everyone that is if you have not come across it yet.

It is a must read
BOUNCE
by
the same author 



In 
YOU ARE AWESOME



MATTHEW SYED

narrates the history
of
J K Rowling
&
HARRY POTTER.
Probably the most
successful book series of all time.

MATTHEW SYED

Continues

Famous Failure 

JKRowling creator of Harry Potter says,

" Failure taught me things about myself that I could have learned no other way. I discovered that I had  a strong will and more discipline than I had suspected"

She spoke from her life.

At 32 before her first novel was published she was broke and unemployed.
She wrote her first novel in a coffee shop with her baby daughter asleep in a pram next to her.
After she had finished her book 12 publishers rejected her manuscript. 12 turned down Harry Potter!

She didn't give up. She believed in her work when nobody shared her vision.

Finally a small offer from an editor who could see something magical in the story saw her determination pay off.

The rest is history.

JKRowling  today is the best selling author, multimillionaire and philanthropist.


No comments: