Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2012

CHILD IS PRECIOUS



We have been blessed with a grandson at 9.05 PM on 4th February 2012. We are grateful to the Lord for enabling our daughter in law deliver a healthy baby. It happened after a long wait of seven years and one month. Both the mother and the child are fine. We are happy our prayers have been heard. God has made us understand that He looks after us and acts in His own moment.  

Ever since I went online as ‘childisprecious’ I had been quizzed by friends the reason for adoption of the name. The response had been, “It comes from the heart.”

Yes, the child certainly is precious. It is devastating when you long for a child and discover that the child eludes you no matter what you do. For most the arrival of a child is natural.  Some feel that they can have a child at their own sweet will and pleasure. It is a flawed notion.  Conception is the most beautiful yet mysterious process in the world. Though human intervention is an absolute necessity, the partakers are powerless to determine the conclusion. The creator is supreme. 

King David in Psalm 139 aptly describes it. “Where can I go from Your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. For You formed my inward parts. You covered me in my mother’s womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.”

Dr. Santhamma Mathew and Dr. Santha Devi of Credence Hospital, Ullor, Trivandrum had been the instruments in the hands of the Lord to work a miracle in the lives of our children. They toiled tirelessly. They encouraged our children when they were hit by failure after failure.  They maintained all along that miracles do happen if they had faith and believed in the Lord. The sisters at the Hospital were a great support.

Our son and daughter in law had to undergo an arduous phase the past three years. There were frequent visits to the hospital often at odd hours.  They had their highly demanding jobs.  When the Doctors mandated total rest it was very difficult to strike a balance and retain a semblance of normalcy. Desperation saw her quit  the well paid job. The good Lord facilitated them undergo the ordeal with fortitude.

God commanded the Israelites “Know that I am your God.”   The birth of our grandson is indeed a miracle and is a gift from our merciful Lord. 

No comments: