Neeraj Chopra, Olympic and World Champion in Javelin Throw, says the past 10 months had tested him in many ways.
He reveals the road to recovery from multiple injuries was tougher than he had imagined. He was faced with an abductor injury, lower back strain and other niggles that had hampered him.
Neeraj spent months rebuilding his body.
At the end he clinched the Commonwealth Games silver with the season's best effort of 85.83m in challenging conditions in Glasgow.
Neeraj said after winning the silver,"The season continues. One step at a time. To be back competing at this level feels good. I was training every day without knowing if I will have a season to compete this year. This one means so much more than the distance. "
"There are throws that travel far, and then there moments that carry the weight of an entire journey. It was a difficult journey, recovering from multiple injuries, rebuilding my body, finding my rhythm again and learning to be patient when all I wanted was to compete. The past 10 months has tested me in ways I never expected."


No comments:
Post a Comment