Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

BENJAMIN NETANYAHU CONVERSES WITH CAPTAIN SMIT MACHCHHAR

 Benjamin Netanyahu: Captain Machchhar, I want to thank you for your extraordinary courage. What you did saved many lives. You are being admired in Israel, in India and around the world. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Please tell me—how did the incident begin?

Captain Smit Machchhar: Sir, it had been a normal flight. At one point, the co-pilot said that he wanted to pray. That was not unusual, so out of respect I kept looking forward and gave him privacy.

Captain Smit Machchhar: After about four or five minutes, I suddenly felt a very heavy blow to the back of my head. At first I thought something catastrophic had happened to the aircraft. Then the blows continued, one after another, and I realised that the person in the cockpit with me was attacking me.

Benjamin Netanyahu: And you were already badly injured at that point?

Captain Smit Machchhar: Yes, sir. My vision became badly blurred. At the same time I realised the aircraft was pitching sharply downward. I tried to stop him and also tried to get the cockpit door open so that help could come in.

Benjamin Netanyahu: How were you able to open the cockpit door?

Captain Smit Machchhar: From inside, the door has a mechanism that can be opened by turning the knob. My colleagues outside were trying to enter the code, but the co-pilot was preventing them from getting in. I managed to reach the knob and open the door once, but he closed it again.

Captain Smit Machchhar: Later I was lying on the cockpit floor. I could hear the aircraft rushing downward and people screaming. I felt that I had one final chance. I gathered whatever strength I had left, pushed myself toward the door and opened it again. People outside were ready. They came in, overpowered the attacker and helped regain control.

Benjamin Netanyahu: Your courage and your judgment under such impossible conditions are remarkable. You saved so many lives. What you did goes far beyond one flight—you showed extraordinary human courage.

Benjamin Netanyahu: I would be honoured to welcome you to Israel. I would also like to invite you, together with my friend Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to take part in our next Independence Day celebration. You are a hero to the people of Israel, to the people of India, and to people around the world.


Captain Smit Machchhar: Thank you very much, sir. I am grateful for your words. I would also very much like to meet the Israeli doctor who helped me immediately after the incident. He saved my life.


Benjamin Netanyahu: You will be welcomed with open arms. Please concentrate on your recovery. You have our respect, our gratitude and our best wishes for a full recovery.


Captain Smit Machchhar: Thank you, sir. I truly appreciate it.

No comments: