Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

TRIPLE KNOT - Muppiricharadu

 

When Lila came home she took the novel TRIPLE KNOT from her bag. She said it's a translation of the Malayalam novel 'Muppiricharadu' by Rose (Rosy Philip).

She had gone off  for a get-together of her classmates. They have been doing it at intervals for quite sometime. It gives them the opportunity to refresh memories of their College days. They spend a few hours together  catching  up on their lives. For a while they become the young college girls where their days had been sans the trials and tribulations of the world.  Carefree days, it was. 

Lila said, Chandrika had requested all of them to buy the book TRIPLE KNOT.  It was  Chandrika's  initial attempt in translation and publishing.  She wanted them to help her as she had incurred considerable expenses over it.

The next day, I took the novel to my office and began reading it in my spare time.

I found the fraction I could go through amazing.

I penned to Lila:

TRIPLE KNOT IS INCREDIBLE

I have just finished 17 pages

The quality is unimaginable.

" I feel sorry that I couldn't save anything for  my son - except a dilapidated house and its compound, where even grass doesn't grow"

"My dearest Sara ..... My mind becomes poetic when I think of her. She was an invaluable treasure. It was diamond that I crushed, like coal. My life, Jameskutty's life today, is wrapped in a blanket of guilt."

It is shaking me. I am introspecting.

I curse myself for the Jameskutty that I have been

Yes, Chandrika has a talent that grinds into you and lays you bare

Be proud you know her. Be happy you were together.

Please keep the bond strong.

Please forward my initial evaluation to her, if you don't mind.

I left it there. I believe Lila  has forwarded it.

Meanwhile I am going after the rest of the novel.

I hope I'll be able to come up with a critique soon


No comments: