I had been granted a few minutes to interact with the head of a Church.
After the quick exchange of pleasantries I made my presentation
"I felt you had to know
Basically I am a professional. Banker. Financier..
What I have observed in the Church is, no one bothers about ROI - Return on Investment or ROE - Return on Expenditure.
They go for fancy projects because of ignorance or a detestable human trait - self gratification.
Resources are precious. Hard to source. You have to think several times before expending it.
In many Churches or church related institutions leakage of income is never plugged. They mask it with the beautiful and respectful word 'Grace.'
In the church we have everything. Material resources, highly talented faithful.
But we relish mismanagement.
Jesus's parable on talents comes up here.
If only we lend our ears to it miracles would cascade.
My point is simple.
We must go for maximizing the utilisation of avaliable resources right in front of us.
The adage, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush," reminds us why things go wrong.
I concluded.
Regret, I took up so much of your precious time.
I was only unfolding the torment within.
Because I am concerned"


No comments:
Post a Comment