Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Rev. M. VARGHESE OF THE MARTHOMA CHURCH CONDUCTS A MEMORIAL PRAYER

 

The Trivandrum  Pattoor MarThoma Church's Beach Area Prayer Group held a memorial prayer at our house yesterday, 8th August 2026.

It was in memory of our Achachen who had departed 42 years ago, and our Ammachi who passed away 6 years ago. 

It is done every year, lest we forget them.

I wrote this much as a background

Rev. M. Varghese, led the prayer and delivered a wonderful message.

Later I wrote to the respected Pastor

"Thank you Achen and Kochamma for coming to our place.

Grateful for the thought provoking powerful message today and encouraging Lila(the younger daughter) to share  memories of her dear parents.

Bethany and Bethanya I have seen in so many places.

I always thought it was just the name of a place. And people were naming their ventures or houses to be biblical.

Your short, extempore message opened my eyes to Bethany or Bethanya. It was a revelation.

References to Messi, Argentina and Che Guevara showed us that you do not rely on Bible alone. It shows you can comfortably link the contemporary with the biblical.

This is the need today.

The speaker of today unlike of yesterday has to engage the well oriented.  The former had the ignorant in front whereas today the brilliant sit in front of the speaker.

It is the challenge the speaker faces today"

The respected Pastor responded.

Thank you. 

I fully agree with your observation that today’s audience in front of the speaker is brilliant. Speaker must be aware of that.

No comments: