Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

NOW A REAL STORY

 

Now a real story

Occured  just now.

Yesudas came with a bill for the masonry work

There were four spelling errors.

I asked him his educational qualification

He said 10th.

Then I said, no point in finding fault with you

I told him I'd help him relearn

Asked him to take out his mobile and check the spellings

He reiterated what he wrote searching the mobile

Then I took out my phone and showed him the correct spellings for each of the four

To my surprise, I found him jotting them down in a note book with serious intent.

I said, a supposedly learned man with degrees wouldn't have done that.

He replied he wanted to avoid repeating the mistakes in future.

(I felt that was the beginning of wisdom)

I passed the bill for payment 

As he was leaving Yesudas said in Malayalam 

"Njan alochikukayirunnu, ente cherupathil ningalepole oral undayirunnu engil ethra nannayirunnu ennu."

(I was thinking, if only I had some one like you when I had been young).

No comments: