Our close relative, Jeevan George, called on us recently. He invited us to the marriage of his son.
As we conversed, he quietly revealed he had been through an accident a couple of months ago that had partially disabled his mobility.
But he said, though a phone call was enough, he was resolute he had to invite us in person, pushing aside the sitfling impairment.
We respected him for that.
A walking stick was propping him up.
Soon after he left, I wrote to him
"Achayan here.
Thank you for the visit and the invitation
And thank you for sparing your precious time
Grateful, you were good enough to accept the book A WALK THROUGH THE RAIN, we had presented."
Jeevan responded with a sticker.
I acknowledged the next day
"Thank you for the sticker. It tells me you have been through my message
Thanks for that
Yesterday evening and this morning we were thinking about you together.
I was telling Aswathy, I was wonderstruck at the transition of the boy I met when we had visited Kunjumonachayan at his Quarters at Thampanoor soon after our Marriage. You were just an ordinary boy, an engineering student.
One thing we both liked about Kunjumonachayan, Kochamma, Jose and Jeevan was, you all were overflowing with love and affection whenever and wherever we met.
Happy you still maintain that.
Something many cast to the wind as they ascend higher and higher.
Yes, scanning through your history on that little visiting card, we had the feeling we had no right to be on the same wavelength with you.
You are indeed special.
Yet humility drives you. Else you wouldn't have bothered to extend a personal invitation.
Now, one suggestion
Please write the experiences of your current struggle.
It'll be an eye opener for many
Please draw inspiration from the book WHEN BREATH BECOMES AIR by Paul Kalanithi who grew up from age 10 in the arid deserts of Arizona.
Please go ahead.
Be the light"
When I shared the messages with Aswathy, she quipped
"Awesome is the least that can be commented.
Motivational too"


No comments:
Post a Comment